Wednesday, November 14, 2012

While You Were Out


8 1/2 x 15 1/2 inches, oil on wood

This is a new painting which is part of a project I'm doing with a couple of friends. We each picked three objects, painted them in our own style (sometimes adding more objects) and then passed them on to the next person.  For this one, the objects given to me were the phone, the pencil and the pink pad. It was a challenge to use these objects in my own setting. It took me a long time to figure out how I wanted to portray them and then I kept adding more and more to the scene.  I'm particularly fond of the little screw lying to the left of the cord.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, some really nice textures. I agree about the screw - neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable. I like the wallpaper, the flowers against it, and the shadowing on the phone. In fact, everything about the phone is so good. The screw is a nice, homey addition to the scene.

    ReplyDelete