Saturday, January 4, 2014

Survivors




oil pastel on paper, 9" x 12"

These are two broken off pieces from my outdoor plants I was able to rescue before they froze.  I've been admiring them on our dining room table for about a month now.

Working with oil pastels is something new for me. I came across a nearly unused box in my drawer a few months ago and thought with the busy holidays and not much opportunity to paint I could maybe use these.  They were---are---great.  I kept them on the corner of the table with my sketchbook so they were always easy to get to when I knew I had a little window of drawing time.  Very little prep and very little clean up---perfect for very little time.  The two below are some of my first attempts I did in October.  The one above I did yesterday, I wanted to try nicer and bigger paper.

oil pastel, sketchbook 11/2013
oil pastel, sketchbook 11/2013





No comments:

Post a Comment