Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Study: Unintended Two


3 3/4" x 3 1/2",  oil on linen mounted on panel

This was a quick study of originally three tangerines. The third was on the right with its peel detached and curling down.  I was barely into the painting when the peel began to distort--- a lot.  I thought I could remember how it was but with just a few wrong brush strokes it looked too weird. I tried to fix it but it began to lose the sketchy and thinly painted quality I was aiming for---now the right was over worked in comparison to the left.  Darn it. I liked the composition and I liked so much of the linen exposed which I couldn't then fix.  I put it aside and was about to toss it when I thought, what it I just cut it off. And there you have, my unintended tiny painting of two tangerines.

No comments:

Post a Comment