Monday, November 14, 2011

Little Elephant


My first piece in my series of daily studies: a small oil painting.  The elephant is a little eraser that's always somewhere on my desk looking at me. He's all gray, smooth and round with tiny black eyes and a simple trunk. His head turns all the way around. I've drawn him many times, from all angles---I just love his shape.  The pen next to the sharpie is one of those that has the pungent smell and squeaks when you draw. I both really like and dislike that smell.
Originally, I had thought to post a painting a day but I don't always want to or can paint everyday but I do something always everyday, so I may post a painting, drawing, sketch, ceramic piece... depends on the  day.

2 comments:

  1. I love his little face - I'll have to show Hazel, she's a nut for elephants.

    xx Sinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I quite like the goblet, and the shadow cast by the goblet. You do wonders with glass (and other reflective surfaces). I'm looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete