Sunday, February 19, 2012

Karen's Vessel

6"x 6" oil on panel

I just attended my first painting workshop given by the artist Qiang Huang.   This is the painting I did on the last day.  I did two others but didn't finish them. I took a photo of the set-ups so I may go back to one or to both or not.  It was a different experience to paint objects I normally wouldn't AND in a room full of people.  I felt very nervous. I've been slowly learning how to paint through reading books (and practicing lots), so seeing an artist paint in person was inspiring and very educational. Qiang is a good teacher---patient, knowledgable, personable and articulate. During student painting time, he made several rounds of the room stopping many times to each of us to give critiques and helpful advice. I came away from the workshop feeling full and inspired.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray for good teachers! The colors in the larger vessel are lovely.

    ReplyDelete