Thursday, November 1, 2012

Halloween 2012

A sickness descended on our house and I haven't been able to paint much for a few weeks and then came Halloween....


My youngest son wanted to be a cyclops inspired by Ray Harryhausen's stop motion creature in the film The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad.  It took a few days to make for two hours of wearing---but it was all worth it. The whole problem-solving-inventing-sewing projects are my most favorite. While working on it,  my feet could be on fire and I wouldn't notice. And I like the challenge of using all scrap materials. The only items bought were the masking tape (used in the cardboard under frame) and the black netting for the face. So much fun.  My husband made our older son's mask (below). He's a Goblin.


1 comment:

  1. Wicked AWESOME!

    Belatedly, I hope they had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete